1. Begin with a plan – “willy-nilly” design is expensive.
Here is where knowing your targeted audience is very important. Never build a website for your own liking. Yes, you should be pleased with the design and its’ content, but the website is for your audience and should be structured for their experience and the goal you want them to achieve, e.g., lead or sale.
- Make sure you know the type of website your getting and you need.
- Keep the navigation simple and the content relevant to what the visitor searched for.
- Establish KPI’s for your website to check against how your website is actually performing.
- Each page of your website should focus on what the client will need to know while deciding if they will do business with you, having never met you –in some cases.
- Optimize your photos for the web. You want high resolution photos, but not take seconds to download and view. Your developer [3V Design Media] can help you with that.
- Always establish a time frame for the completion of your website, and commit the time needed to get it completed on time – or within a reasonable amount of time.
∗These are just a few tips. For more tips and information visit our FAQ page!