Frequently Asked Questions
If you have a question which has not been answered here, or any question concerning website design, digital marketing, web analytics, print design, please contact us at 1.800.548.8579.
- I want to establish a strong presence on the web for myself and/or my own business. Where do I start?
- How do I choose a right web designer to design my website?
- How much will a website cost me?
- How does the order process go?
- How long will it take to have my website designed?
- Can you provide hosting services for my website?
- Will I get an email with my website?
- How does the design process go?
- What if I don’t like the design?
- Will my website be Search Engine friendly?
- Will everyone see my website the same?
- Will my website be spam-protected?
- How can I update my website content?
- Do you provide any training on updating my website?
- What after sales services do you offer?
- Who will be the owner of the website once your work is done?
- Do you redesign existing websites?
- I need to update my existing website, can you help me?
- Can I accept payments through my website?
- Do I have to keep my website maintained or hosted by 3V Design Media forever or can I move to another supplier?
- In what formats should I provide images and text for my website?
- Do I have to provide images for my website or will you do that for me?
- I like a certain design I saw online, can you copy this design for my site?
I want to establish a strong presence on the web for myself and/or my own business. Where do I start? If you want to bring your business or your online identity to a higher level and have more people know about you, please revise our Services section and request a quote from us, specifying all the details about your vision. You can also download our questionnaire, which will help you with describing your goals and let us understand all the details about the site you are planning to have.
Practically every company, which does custom web design and development, claims, that they offer the best website designs and the best web services. But how can you choose what’s best for you? You are welcome to read this article with tips on how to choose the right web design company.
The price of a website depends on it’s volume, complexity, and the desired functionality. A small static website’s price can start from $500, where as a big portal or a full ecommerce website with a large number of pages may cost from $3000 and higher. When you submit all the details about the web site you need, we will be able to properly evaluate it and provide you with an affordable price for it.
The time needed to design your web site can range from 2-3 weeks to 2-3 or more months, depending on the number of the pages, the amount of custom programming needed and the number of revisions required. If you have a certain deadline for your website, we will always try to meet it. The time needed for the design also depends on how fast you will provide the content needed for your site.
Yes, we can register a domain for you and host your site on our servers.
Yes, you can get up to 100 email accounts with your new website. Additional accounts are available if needed.
- Once you have selected 3V Design Media to assist you with your project, we will send you our questionnaire and our custom proposal to confirm all the details.
- After that, we begin developing the layout (initial concept).
- When the layout is complete, we send it to you for your approval. If you are not happy with the initial concept, we will provide up to 2 revisions* at no additional cost. Any revisions to the concept after that will be charged $75 / per revision. (More or less revisions will be provided depending on the number of pages on your website, the more pages, the more revisions you will receive.) The actual number will be determined at the onset of the project and will be included in your original contract.)
- When the layout is approved, we code the site, perform cross-browser testing, perform basic search engine optimization, and make sure everything works properly. While the site is in the development stage, we will have the site at our server, where only you and us can see it, revise it and work on it. The site will go live when it’s 100% completed and all outstanding payments have been received.
- After the site is coded and functional, we show you the results to get your approval.
- When we get your final approval, the website will be ready to go live. If you are hosting with another provider, we normally install it for you and provide up to 1 week of technical support. If your site is hosted on our servers we provide ongoing technical support as long as your site remains on our servers.
- Once a client orders one of our services/packages, we will get back to him/her by email or telephone to confirm the final price.
- After that, the we send the client a services agreement outlining the services they have requested. Once the contract is executed and payment received we begin our services.
- When the client is satisfied with the result and any outstanding payments received, the site will be ready to go live.
- The site goes live and the client gets support for the number of days agreed.
We always pay attention to all the details you provide prior to the beginning of the site’s design. In case you don’t like the first design we create, we do the amount of revisions (pre-determined in your contract) at no additional cost. If you need more revisions, each revision will be based on our hourly rate of $75/hour (or the current hourly rate), i.e., . Based on our experience of creating sites for different clients, 99% of our clients were happy with the initial design and do not require more than 2 revisions.
Yes, we create clean-coded and W3C compliant websites with basic search engine optimized code, which makes your sites easy to be accessed by any search engine. If you require more search engine optimization services we will be happy to quote a price for those.
We always design websites considering that different people use different browsers and different screen resolutions. Before your website goes live, we make sure it looks consistent in all the popular browsers and screen resolutions.
Yes, we provide excellent spam protection and spam-filtering modules with your content management system if you have chosen that option in your website development package.
We will provide a content management system for most of the sites, which will let you update your site without any html knowledge. If you are not familiar with content management systems, we will provide a basic tutorial on how to update your content. If you have a site which you are not planning to update frequently, you will probably not need a content management system, and in case you need to update some small details on your website, we can do that for you. Please click here to view our available content management options.
Yes, we make sure that you will be able to add and edit your websites’ content quick and easy, and we provide basic tutorials on how to manage your website’s content.
We offer unlimited technical support for websites that we build which are hosted on our servers. Technical support packages are available. Please ask your representative for details when you contact us to begin your website project. We are always available online, and should you have any questions about your website or additional work needed, we’ll be happy to help you with them.
All of the website content you supply is yours. 3V Design Media exercises no control over your content. If you are utilizing our content management module, those files and code remain property of 3V Design Media. Other restrictions may apply.
Yes, we’ll be happy to create a better look for your website, enhance it’s functionality and structure. You are welcome to request a redesign quote from us at our quote page, and we’ll get back to you right away.
Yes, we can help you update the site and provide maintenance for it on an ongoing basis if needed.
We can install various applications for your site, which will make this possible. If you are planning to have an online shop, the payments’ module will be supplied together with the shopping cart software. If your site is not a shop, but you would like to sell a couple of items, we can also integrate the necessary scripts for accepting payments.
After we submit the website to you, you become the owner of all the site’s files and are free to choose any supplier you wish.
You can provide the text files in any type of format, as long as the text is not an image and is able of being copied. As for the images – we would prefer them to be in the best quality possible. Please do not provide images inside a Word document.
If you have particular images you need to be used, we would like you to provide those. If you have an online shop, we will need the images of your product in the beginning or in the first half of the project. In case you want us to find the images for your site – we can do that too. We use professional stock images’ sites, where we purchase the images for your site in the best quality. Those costs will be quoted to you when requested.
If there is a website in existence that you would like to model your site after we will produce your site to reflect some of the same features as the referring website, while maintaining your uniqueness.